From regulations and the economic climate to customer interaction – the banking landscape is changing drastically in every way. ING is a global bank, and its success depends on how the organization and its people respond to changing circumstances. Enabling the right people to excel at their jobs is a key part of their global strategy. The Business Manager Performance & Reward will play a key role in bringing performance management to the next level.
ING is a global top-20 financial institution for private, corporate and institutional customers. Their mission is to empower people to remain a step ahead in life and business. To do so, they need to create a differentiating customer experience. This challenge is more relevant now than ever because the banking landscape is changing drastically in every way – from regulations and the economic climate to customer interaction. ING’s success depends on how the organization and its people respond to these changes.
Performance & Reward
To drive the wider cultural shift, Global Corporate HR has created three Communities of Expertise (CoE): People Analytics, Talent & Learning and Performance & Reward. Each CoE consists of a dedicated taskforce at HQ as well a remotely based team of experts. As their goals are closely entwined, there are many opportunities for these CoE’s to cooperate.
The CoE Performance & Reward focuses on developing a strong performance culture and effectively running the performance management, reward and regulations processes. ING has a Total Rewards approach to performance management, using both financial and non-financial recognition to improve both personal and business performance. There are a number of key projects to create a performance culture, including:
- Variable Remuneration Accrual Model – to assess bank and business line performance
- Step Up Performance Management – to assess individual performance
- Global Compensation Benchmarking Framework – to assess pay positions relative to external peers
- Global Job Grading – to assess positions relative to internal peers
- Non-Financial Recognition Management – to recognize individuals through non-financial rewards
- Variable Remuneration Distribution Model – to recognize individuals financially through variable remuneration
- International Mobility.
The Business Manager will support the Global Head of Performance and Reward, Frank-Jan de Leeuw, and his Management Team on relevant priorities across the HR function.
The Business Manager will provide advice and support the development of the Reward Strategy, prepare plans to deliver priorities and monitor progress on this. They will play an active role in the MT and team meetings, ranging from preparing the agenda to setting up and monitoring action plans.
The Business Manager will coordinate various HR topics on the MBB agenda and be the first point of contact for all MBB HR related matters. This includes suggesting and implementing improvements to Performance & Reward processes and ways of working, acting as a linking pin with other departments, preparing communications on related topics, and preparing and monitoring FTEs and budget.
In 2016, Martijn Feikens (ex-Capgemini) joined ING as the first Business Manager to the Global Head of Performance & Reward. As Feikens has been offered a new opportunity as Secretary of the Management Banking Board at ING, Top of Minds is looking for his successor.
“This is a role with lots of exposure to leaders in the bank. It’s a great opportunity to get to see the full width of performance management. There is lots of room for co-creation with the other HR CoE and making an impact on decisions.” – Martijn Feikens, Business Manager to the Global Head of Performance and Reward at ING
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Able to prioritize and challenge senior management
- Proactive and resourceful
- Great organizational skills
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent networking skills
- High cultural sensitivity, keen to work in a highly diverse environment
- Embracing the ING values
- Minimum 4 years in management consulting
- Demonstrated program ownership;
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Especially related to HR in large organizations
Business Manager Performance & Reward
Indien je profiel past op deze vacature zal de betreffende consultant binnen enkele werkdagen contact met je opnemen om een eventueel vervolg te onderzoeken. Aarzel niet en laat je e-mailadres achter.
Business Manager Performance & Reward
Laat je e-mailadres achter en we zullen zo spoedig mogelijk contact met je opnemen, meestal dezelfde dag nog!