Market Insights Analyst
Market Insights Analyst
Ampelmann is an innovative company with the vision to make offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Their product range features on-board platforms which compensate for the motion of the waves. Like a flight simulator, each platform is powered by six hydraulic cylinders. This enables safe, efficient and reliable transfer of personnel and goods between vessels and offshore structures like oil & gas platforms and wind turbines. Founded in 2007, Ampelmann now employs almost 400 people around the world – from designers and engineers to commercial staff and operators. Together, they have achieved that almost 2,5 million people have walked to work safely on over 150 Ampelmann projects around the globe.
A brand new B2B Marketing department
Ampelmann has reached the scale and maturity that require a more strategic type of marketing. To ensure Ampelmann will continue building on its leading position, a new Marketing department has been formed. The newly appointed Marketing Manager focuses on establishing and optimizing the B2B marketing cycle. The key stages of the cycle are:
- Customer and market insights
- Value propositions and concepts
- Measuring and tracking
To achieve this, a vacancy has been created for a Market Insights Analyst.
Vacancy: Market Insights Analyst
The Market Insights Analyst will get a lot of responsibility. This position will bring the voice of the customer into the business in a way that has direct and immediate impact on the business. Based on the company strategy, this strategist will identify research needs and priorities. By providing in-depth insights in the market, market potential and customer needs, the Market Insights Analyst will support company-wide decision making. Although seated within the Marketing department, the impact of this role will reach much further than communication and brand activation – it will even give direction to portfolio of products and services and business development.
- Defining which tools and external data-partners are needed to provide crucial insights.
- Outlining the Ampelmann potential in current and new markets. The goal is to focus all Business Development efforts towards the clients, countries and projects with most potential. To support that aim, the Market Insights Analyst will take responsibility for the assessment of market potential for new innovations.
- Supporting the business development team with up to date market insight per region, country and client.
- Ensuring the MT and the Board have the right information on current markets and businesses in order to make decisions on new developments and new markets.
- Creating business cases to assess the market potential and profitability of new products and innovations.
As Ampelmann is growing rapidly, there are no defined career tracks yet, but there will be ample opportunity for career progress. Depending on personal ambition and business needs, next steps may be within Market Intelligence, Marketing or Finance. International steps may be possible as well.
- Creative and self-motivated
- Analytical rigour
- Team player
- Affinity with technology and the offshore industry
- An academic Master
- At least 2 years’ experience in market assessment or finance
- At a consulting firm or an international, cross-functional environment
- B2B experience
- Database analysis
- Translating complex data from various sources into comprehensive marketing information
- Fluent in Dutch and English