Philips is a global leader in health technology, providing innovative solutions from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment and home care. The Group Strategy team is responsible for defining strategy, identifying growth and value creation opportunities and enabling successful execution. This role is perfectly suitable for an experienced top-tier strategy consultant at Manager level with international experience, and is a proven landing spot and stepping stone for future leaders in the company.
About Philips Group
Philips is a health technology company focused on improving the health of 3 billion people a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care.
Organized around three global hubs located in Amsterdam, Cambridge (US), and Shanghai, Group Strategy works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams on shaping the long-term strategy of Philips, identifying opportunities for growth and value creation, and translating the strategy into actionable plans for the businesses and enabling successful execution.
“The Strategy team is like a group of consultants that want to get their hands on the wheels, of course we need the best brains but it’s all about execution in the end. And by combining both, we build the future leaders of the company.” – Stewart McCrone, Head of Strategy, M&A and Partnerships
The Group Strategy team has a diverse, international background and deep expertise through top-tier MBA programs and experience at leading strategy firms.
About the market
Profound market trends are driving the health-tech opportunity throughout the entire health continuum. Consumers are increasingly engaged in their health and a shift to value-based healthcare will reduce waste, increase access and improve outcomes. Meanwhile, care is shifting to lower cost settings and homes. In this context, Philips has identified two major opportunities:
- “Industrialization of care”: enabling providers to deliver lower-cost care and better outcomes
- “Personalization of care”: driving convergence of professional healthcare and consumer health
Vacancy: Director Group Strategy
The Group Strategy Director will work on highly strategic projects reporting to Heads of Business Units, Market Leads and at times directly reporting to the Steering Committee, composed of e.g. ExCo members and the CEO. Responsibilities range from global projects at group level to high-impact projects within specific markets. Each project will consist of work streams which in turn are managed by Group Strategy (Senior) Managers. Examples of projects, ranging 3-6 months, are:
- Defining Philips’ strategy in Artificial intelligence
- Evaluating Philips’ global footprint in terms of value creation opportunities
- Identifying and mapping growth opportunities in the global Clinical Informatics market
- Deep-diving into the requirements to thrive in the Chinese market for Philips’ businesses
A Director in the Group Strategy team directly supports and influences key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization. This exciting opportunity is perfectly suited for a seasoned strategy consultant with project management experience and is a proven landing spot for future leaders of the company.
“Coming into Philips Group Strategy from consultancy, you still get to be involved in a variety of projects. As you rotate, you build healthcare expertise and core domain knowledge, as well as strong relationships across the businesses” – Mehmet Ali Gulsever, Senior Director Group Strategy
The position is based in Amsterdam, which has become increasingly popular with expats, and is consistently ranked as one of the top 15 countries in the world for quality of living, startups & innovation, economic prosperity, and as “Top City to Work In”.
- Master’s in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- MBA from a top-tier business school
- At least 6 years’ experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm (proven experience in managing teams)
- Non-MBA candidates: at least 8 years’ strategy consulting experience or 8-12 years in business development/strategy at a top-tier international company
- Experience in healthcare is preferred
- International business experience (emerging markets is a plus)
- Problem solving: structure, creativity, business judgement
- Communication: presence, precision, active listening
- Content: industry knowledge and functional skills
- Leadership: fit with the team and with company values
- Results-driven attitude when managing projects
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
Director Group Strategy
Are you not ready yet to apply for this function but still like to know if it matches your profile? Leave your e-mail below and we get in touch with you as soon as possible, usually the same day.
Director Group Strategy
Leave your e-mail and we try to contact you as soon as possible, usually the same day!