Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Uber has already found a strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But when you look at opportunities rather than achievements, it really is early days. They’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a huge vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far. Working at Uber is a rare opportunity to change the world: everyone around you is using the product you built. It’s not just another social web app, it’s moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
About Product Marketing at Uber
The Uber Product Marketing team is based in Amsterdam and can best be described as a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. Members of the team are known for their principled thinking, well-honed product marketing judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high bar for design and a mentality of starting with the rider and working backwards.
About the vacancy: Product Marketing Manager
A Product Marketing Manager on the Partnerships team envisions and executes on a growth and go-to-market strategy for strategic partnerships between Uber and the world’s top companies. They drive highly impactful programs to acquire new users, create loyalty and develop mutually beneficial relationships with partners. The role includes developing an overarching strategy that spans the full spectrum of partners – across industries ranging from travel to financial services to non-profits – and collaborating with their teams to bring new user experiences to life. The Product Markting Manager is comfortable managing projects which span multiple markets and require coordination with several remote teams, and relay the product requirements of a region back to product and business teams sitting in HQ. There is no Uber without big data, and for this role data-savviness is a must as well. A Product Marketing Manager just gets the data they needs and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. Being able to run rigorous multivariate testing and knowing how to leverage data helps make the right decisions and drive growth. The Product Marketing Manager identifies with a number of persona’s:
- Truth-seeking missile – through top-notch market research, they know the market, customers and competition better than anyone, and integrate this information into growth strategies.
- Master storyteller – can craft a compelling narrative across different channels and knows how to match the message to the medium. Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. Can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy, and can also play copywriter.
- Driver – biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier who never stops pushing towards clarity and delivery. Someone who never hesitates to roll up their sleeves and tackle something hands-on, persevering when others fall away.
- 7+ years combined product and growth marketing experience
- delivering highly successful user acquisition and engagement strategies, with a focus on B2C and B2B marketing.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Top-notch at market research
- Master storyteller
- International experience, understanding the challenges working in a fragmented market like EMEA and how to scale initiatives across multiple regions.