ASML is a world leading manufacturer of chip-making equipment. With its state-of-the-art technology, the company empowers its customers to develop ever faster, smaller, cheaper and more energy efficient computer chips. The (Senior) Director Corporate Strategy drives strategy creation and execution, shaping ASML’s sustainable future. The opportunity is perfect for former Strategy Consultants at Principal level who look for a high impact role with lots of exposure and exciting next steps.
Changing the world, one nanometer at a time
There is a big chance ASML is part of the electronic device you’re using right now. The company’s lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to the mass production of computer chips. ASML’s portfolio includes the hardware, software and services that enable the world’s leading chipmakers to increase the value and reduce the cost of a chip.
Entering the time of immersive computing, everybody and everything will be connected and the lines between the physical and the digital will (further) blur. There will be advancements such as 5G connectivity, AI, autonomous cars and artificial neural networks. ASML’s technological innovations work as a catalyst for these developments.
The lithography leader is headquartered in Veldhoven and employs over 23,000 people worldwide, spread across 60+ offices. In 2018, ASML’s net sales added up to 10.9 billion euro’s. Key to success is strong focus on R&D, manufacturing and customer support.
Vacancy: (Senior) Director Corporate Strategy
The Director Corporate Strategy drives the creation and execution of actionable strategies that allow ASML to keep pushing boundaries. He/she is a member of Corporate Strategy; a small, professional and high impact team that’s being built by Vice President Jeroen Kemp (former ADL).
“The Corporate Strategy team is a great first step into ASML. It provides deeply strategic and fundamental insights in our business and offers broad exposure. The role requires hands-on experience in strategy development and a pragmatic mindset.” – Jeroen Kemp, Vice President Corporate Strategy
The Director Corporate Strategy works on a wide variety of strategic topics:
- Support the Board of Management in developing ASML’s long-term (5 to 10+ years) strategic direction. He/she runs global strategic planning processes and secures the deployment of strategic priorities throughout the organization. He/she also guides the business lines and sectors in developing and realizing winning strategies in line with ASML’s core strategy.
- Explore corporate development options. He/she maps out the M&A landscape in the semiconductor industry, and focuses on ASML’s positioning as holistic lithography company towards its peer-group of semiconductor suppliers. He/she also develops and manages an acquisition roadmap, M&A pipeline and target search.
- Initiate and drive cross-company strategic initiatives, typically involving multiple business lines and/or sectors. Topics could range from expansion and new market strategies (e.g. China) to sustainability and from developing new business models or client propositions (e.g. around data analytics and services) to industrial transformation.
The broad set of priorities make the role of Director Corporate Strategy diverse and challenging. It offers the chance to work closely together with the Board of Management and other senior stakeholders, making it a perfect landing spot for former Strategy Consultants.
- MSc or PhD in physics, electronics or engineering
- 8+ years Corporate Development or strategy consulting (Principal level) experience in the high-tech industry or a related field
- MBA is a plus
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Change leader
- Sharp communicator
(Senior) Director Corporate Strategy
Indien je profiel past op deze vacature zal de betreffende consultant binnen enkele werkdagen contact met je opnemen om een eventueel vervolg te onderzoeken. Aarzel niet en laat je e-mailadres achter.
(Senior) Director Corporate Strategy
Laat je e-mailadres achter en we zullen zo spoedig mogelijk contact met je opnemen, meestal dezelfde dag nog!