LeasePlan, the world’s largest car-as-a-service company, is kicking off the Performance Excellence transformation with the objective of establishing a performance culture. The Performance Excellence Lead supports a Cluster VP, responsible for several countries, in adopting their new methods and in challenging and coaching the respective Country Heads. This is a unique opportunity to be the change agent in the company by combining strong analytical skills with enthusiasm that rubs off on others and coaching.
LeasePlan is a leading car lease company with 1.8 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries. The company was founded in The Netherlands in 1963 and has over 7,000 employees and an annual revenue of EUR 10 billion.
LeasePlan operates in two markets: Car-as-a-Service for new cars through LeasePlan and the used-car market through CarNext.com. The Car-as-a-Service business manages the entire vehicle life-cycle for corporate, SME and private customers, including purchasing, insurance, and maintenance. CarNext.com is a pan-European digital marketplace for high-quality used cars from LeasePlan’s own fleet as well as third-party suppliers.
The company is completing the operational excellence transformation “Power of One”, which redesigned and further integrated the organization, centralized key functions, and implemented pan-European best-practices. It is now embarking on the “Performance Excellence” transformation, which focuses on their methods – in all key functional areas – in order to reap the benefits of the Power of One. The company is very ambitious and this transformation will have a direct impact on both top- and bottom-line performance.
LeasePlan operates in an addressable car-as-a-service market of EUR 75 billion. The current megatrend from ownership to usership, accelerated by the increasing rate of technological developments, will support further market growth. LeasePlan seeks to be a leader in these developments and to enhance its market position accordingly. For example, LeasePlan is going through a large-scale transformation from analog business into a fully digitally-enabled business, delivering digital services through digital platforms and leveraging the latest digital intelligence technologies.
LeasePlan is building its Performance Excellence team and thus there is an opportunity for more than one Performance Excellence Lead. The purpose of the team is to drive and facilitate Performance Excellence within LeasePlan. This means establishing a performance culture based on ownership of results and with fact-based analysis. Key objectives of the team are to:
- drive change within LeasePlan to become more fact-driven and take ownership for results;
- ensure timely availability of complete, consistent and high-quality performance data;
- deliver ad-hoc support to countries and functions to solve key performance deviations at the group level.
The Performance Excellence Lead is part of the Strategy & Transformation team and is truly the change agent within LeasePlan. All 32 countries are clustered into five regions, and the Performance Excellence Lead is the right-hand to a Cluster VP. This means coaching and supporting at the highest level in adopting a plan-do-check-act approach and increasing ownership of financial and operational performance in all countries. For example, the Performance Excellence Lead will conduct monthly visits to the countries in the respective cluster, discussing and challenging the business and performance with the Country Heads and supporting them in further establishing a data-driven decision-making approach.
This is a unique opportunity to combine an analytical mindset with an infectious inspirational enthusiasm in order to drive this transformation in the organization.
- 6-10 years of work experience
- Experience in (top-tier) consulting is preferred
- Experience in project & change management
- Experience in an international environment
- Proven ability to engage with and influence people and steer them towards results
- Experience with the PDCA method and Management by Objectives is preferred
- Relevant university degree (science, economics, business)
- Strong analytical skills and structured thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to engage with and challenge senior stakeholders
- Fluent in English – additional European language is a plus