Global Category Manager Sun

Global Category Manager Sun

  • IT
  • Consumer
  • Amsterdam
Deze vacature is al ingevuld. Ga naar de GrandVision werkgeverspagina voor andere vacatures

GrandVision is a global market leader in optical retailing. The company is transitioning toward more centralization, to ensure a globally designed assortment strategy and an effective marketing strategy across its 34 retail banners. The BU Sun is looking for a strategic and analytical Global Category Manager, to help build and execute the global category management strategy in light of this centralization.

GrandVision is the company behind retail banners such as Pearle, EyeWish, and Brilleland. The company has over 36.000 employees and has sold over 16 million prescription glasses. GrandVision has a presence in more than 40 countries and over 7000 stores. With that, the product portfolio of GrandVision’s optical retail products is large and complex. To further professionalize and streamline its assortment strategy, GrandVision is transitioning toward more centralization. The aim is to design marketing and assortment strategies (both for in store and online) largely at a global level – without losing sight of the individual characteristics of the markets and GrandVision’s different retail banners in different countries.

The vacancy: Global Category Manager Sun

To enable this transition, the BU Sun is looking for a Global Category Manager, to report to the Head of Category Management. 80% of GrandVision’s Sun assortment will be decided centrally, whereby the Category Manager is in the lead. The remaining 20% is decided in the countries, where the Category Manager maintains a solid understanding of the product portfolio choices, and provides guidance if needed.

For this, a structured, strategic, and analytical approach is key. The decisions as to which products are included in the assortment, as well as which ones are featured more prominently in stores through additional marketing campaigns or more visible in-store placement, have a major impact on GrandVision’s success. An experienced marketing professional with a knack for strategy is the ideal candidate for this role.

In addition, the Category Manager should be comfortable working in a less structured environment, and should be able to create structure on their own. Since the central team and its way of working are relatively new, parts of the role will need to be designed and further shaped on the go. A high level of independence and the ability to take initiative are crucial. The Category Manager will work from a central hub while also needing to manage relations with the countries and several retail banners. He or she therefore needs to be a strong stakeholder manager.

Role requirements

  • ~5 years experience in strategic marketing or retail roles, or strategy consulting experience with a focus on retail, preferably in an international environment and in fast moving consumer goods
  • Comfortable working in a less structured environment and able to create structure individually
  • Strong analytical skills
  • Strong stakeholder management and communication skills

GrandVision works with Top of Minds to fill this vacancy.
Contact Vivian den Dekker at for more information.


Vivian den Dekker Solliciteer
Marlies Hoogvliet - Partner

“Meer dan 98% van onze kandidaten blijft onze nieuwsbrief lezen. Schrijf je in en geef jouw carrière een boost.”

Marlies Hoogvliet - Partner

Aanmelden voor vacaturenieuwsbrief

Iedere week de nieuwste vacatures van Top of Minds in je mailbox

  • Dit veld is bedoeld voor validatiedoeleinden en moet niet worden gewijzigd.