The global energy sector is in a state of turmoil. There’s increased demand, a limited supply of natural resources, heightened awareness of the environmental impact of things and a host of innovations that bring us closer to the ideal of a Smart Home. Everything is changing, and so is Essent. The current focus on developing and strengthening the digital strategy gives rise to a vacancy for Manager Digital Development.
Careers at Essent
Essent is part of Innogy SE, a leading European energy company. The company’s mission is to offer existing and new customers innovative and sustainable products that help them to deal more efficiently with energy and increase their quality of life and work. Working at Essent means plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in a challenging international environment.
“It is a historical moment to be in energy. And at Essent, you have the opportunity to help shape the world of energy for the future.” – Stella Brenninkmeijer, Director Marketing Development
The Marketing Development department plays a pivotal role within Essent with focus on longer-term strategic choices and capabilities. This department leads development in five domains:
- Commercial planning
- Data Management & Development
- Digital Development
- Brand Development
- Innovation & New Business Development.
Vacancy: Manager Digital Development
The Manager Digital Development will drive the digital transformation and make digital a part of the brand DNA of Essent.
The Manager Digital Development will play a key role in developing a strategy to leverage technology to create fundamental business change – from creating tech-driven growth strategies to developing more efficient operations through the use of technology. They will also translate the digital strategy into a top-level roadmap for the upcoming 12 to 18 months. This roadmap will include tangible change management and transformational deliverables. The Manager Digital Development will also cultivate digital DNA and build digital capabilities throughout the organization.
The Manager Digital Development will lead a team of 5 Digital Advisors in defining and realizing key digital transformation initiatives. They will report directly to the Director Marketing Development, Stella Brenninkmeijer, and will work closely with the European headquarters to align on the European digital strategy and roadmap and share best practices.
Key areas of responsibility
- Transformation and innovation: building a strong and disruptive digital strategy and brings this vision to life
- Leadership: building a high-performing digital advisory team. This includes hiring, coaching and managing the team and setting a high bar for excellence
- Performance-driven and data-driven: creating a strong performance culture around digital, based on a set of clear KPI’s that are aligned across business units
- Delivery excellence: working with the Delivery team with focus on increasing efficacy and efficiency
- Analysing market and competitor trends and develop appropriate strategic responses
- Creating digital harmony between the Business Units and ensuring a basic level of digital capabilities across all departments and members of staff.
- University degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in digital
- Experience with digital transformation and disruption
- Experience with AGILE and scrum
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Thrives in complex environment with occasionally opposing interests
- Pragmatic and result-oriented
- Able to balance vision and strategy with hands-on implementation