LeasePlan, the world’s largest car-as-a-service company, is in the middle of a Performance Excellence transformation with to establish a performance culture. This vacancy is a unique opportunity to use critical thinking, problem solving and influencing skills to make a real and lasting impact while opening career doors.
LeasePlan is a leading car lease company with 1.8 million vehicles under management in 32 countries. The company was founded in The Netherlands in 1963 and has accrued over 7,000 employees and an annual revenue of EUR 10 billion.
LeasePlan has two core businesses:
- Car-as-a-Service – managing the entire vehicle life-cycle for corporate, SME and private customers, including purchasing, insurance, and maintenance. The addressable car-as-a-service market is estimated a total of EUR 68 billion, and counting. LeasePlan aims to stay abreast of this market through digitalization – delivering digital services through digital platforms and leveraging the latest digital intelligence technologies.
- com – a pan-European digital marketplace for high-quality used cars from LeasePlan’s own fleet as well as third-party suppliers, serving a EUR 65billion market.
“LeasePlan is one of the great Dutch multinationals dominating their industry globally. I can really make an impact here.” – Rene Smeets, Director Strategy & Transformation at LeasePlan
In 2016, the company launched its ‘Power of One program. This operational excellence program has now been largely embedded in the integrated pan-European operating model, allowing them to leverage their scale and best practices across European countries.
The next step is the “Performance Excellence” transformation, which focuses on their methods – in all key functional areas – to reap the benefits of the Power of One. The company is very ambitious and this transformation will have a direct impact on both top- and bottom-line performance. To help bring about this transformation, LeasePlan is expanding its Strategy & Transformation team with a Lean Performance Excellence Lead.
Vacancy: Lean Performance Excellence Lead
The Lean Performance Excellence Lead will drive the establishment of a continuous improvement culture based on Lean and Six Sigma principles, ownership for results and fact-based analysis. He/she will also deliver tangible results by improving key business processes, either by leading projects him/herself or by coaching others to do so.
The key objectives of the role are to:
- Deliver ad hoc support & coaching to countries and functional areas to improve key processes affecting LeasePlan business performance;
- Drive continuous improvement culture through delivery of content and training on Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement Cycle, Root Cause Analysis etc.;
- Lead business-critical projects related to process improvement, site-wide strategic initiatives and complex cross-functional investigations on business issues;
- Make the impact of solutions quantifiable, analyze the situation pre-and post-improvement accordingly;
- Lead the rollout and implementation of LEAN Six Sigma and / or related methodologies.
The Lean Performance Excellence Lead will work in close cooperation with SVPs and Directors both at the headquarters and in the countries. This means coaching and supporting at the highest level in adopting a continuous improvement approach and increasing operational performance in all countries. When travel is back on the cards, the Lean Performance Excellence Lead will conduct regular visits to the countries, challenging and supporting the Country Heads to improve their operational performance.
The Strategy & Transformation team consists of strategists and change consultants with wide-ranging backgrounds (including Accenture, Monitor-Deloitte, Capgemini, Falconi and PWC). The team is considered a talent pool for future leaders within LeasePlan. Joining this team is a unique opportunity at a global market leader to use critical thinking and problem solving to make a real and lasting impact while opening career doors.
Lean Performance Excellence Lead
Are you not ready yet to apply for this function but still like to know if it matches your profile? Leave your e-mail below and we get in touch with you as soon as possible, usually the same day.
Lean Performance Excellence Lead
Leave your e-mail and we try to contact you as soon as possible, usually the same day!