Dealroom.co is an international start-up company that provides data and analytics about startups, innovation and venture capital to large enterprises and the investment industry. It’s currently transitioning into a structured scale-up company and looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to lead the revenue organization and be a member of the Management Team. With clients as reputable as Unilever, McKinsey, Sony, Nestlé and the Boston Consulting Group, the company is growing rapidly. Dealroom.co already has a proven product-market fit as well as investor backing, yet still small enough for the new CCO to truly make a mark.
Dealroom.co was established in 2013 by former investment banker Yoram Wijngaarde to create a company information database more focused on high-growth, disruptive & innovative companies, better European coverage, and a better user interface. Based in Amsterdam, the company’s strength lies in the quality of data it can provide on European companies, taking into account the many different languages and start-up ecosystems, and dynamic venture capital climate.
Dealroom.co offers four products, each equally contributing to Commercial. SaaS is the product that offers access to its database, API allows companies to directly link Dealroom.co to their own CRM, custom research provides the client with tailored strategic insights, and the government tailored product is similar to a typical Chamber of Commerce database, but much more advanced. All products are offered on a subscription-based model. Clients are corporates, VC funds, and governments.
Dealroom.co is backed by several strong (venture capital) investors, who also support the company by providing their network and their expertise.
Vacancy: Chief Commercial Officer
The Chief Commercial Officer leads the marketing, business development, sales and customer success teams. The priority is to grow a monthly recurring revenue by developing a pricing strategy and renewal programs and to maximize efficiency in lead generation, revenue retention, and market expansion. Some of the basic processes in the marketing and sales organization are still to be developed further.
The role also involves collaboration with the management team on defining differentiated offers and go-to-market strategies, and with the product teams continuously tailoring the product roadmap to the needs of the customers.
Other responsibilities of the CCO include:
- implementation and improvement of customer-facing and revenue-generating processes, in order to ensure a consistent experience for prospects and customers throughout the customer journey
- development of sales forecasting models using CRM software such as marketing automation, pipelines- and subscription management
- representing the company at events
The Chief Commercial Officer will also expand the commercial team from 7 to approximately 20 people and focus on Dealroom.co’s expansion into Asia and North-America.
“We will grow sales fast; yet sustainably and with a market approach that fits our culture” – Tjerk van der Lande, COO
This role offers a unique opportunity for an analytical yet commercial relationship-builder to join a company that is rapidly growing, while still small enough for a new CCO to truly make its mark.
- A genuine passion for technology, startups and venture capital markets
- Flexible and adaptive in a multicultural and fast-growing start-up work environment
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Entrepreneurial, a roll-up-the-sleeves mindset
- Experience with growing and building both Sales and Marketing teams
- Curious, courageous, positive and hungry for improvement and discovery